Source: Town of Center Harbor Master Plan. June 2012, Chapter 7:
Cultural and Historical Resources, page 7-6.
Initially conducted in 1983, the Historical Resources Inventory lists 22 historic structures in Center Harbor. The Inventory was last updated for 2012 Master Plan.
In 2015, the Center Harbor Heritage Commission began the ongoing process of revising and expanding the Inventory to include both historic and cultural resources. (Click here for Heritage & Cultural Resources Inventory).
|Name||Date||Location||Status in 2012|
|Bartlett Homestead||c.1794||Caleb's Clearing, off of Tuttle Road, formerly Bartlett Road||Under renovation and owned by Bigelow, Inc.|
|Bjune House, Formerly Irving Simonds House||1892||Corner of Kelsea Avenue & Bean Road||Still there, with a new garage that matches the house. Owned by R. Williams.|
|Caldwell House, formerly Butterfield Cottage||1884||Coe Hill Road, formerly Old Meredith Road||Some renovation has occurred.|
|Center Harbor Village School||1886||92 Dane Road/Route 25B||Continues to be owned by the Town and leased to the Historical Society.|
|Charles Pfeifer House||pre-1865||Route 25B, 0.75 mi east of College Road||No substantial changes. Owned by A. Morton.|
Coe House, formerly Glencoe(National Register of Historic Places)
|1820||Main Street||Barn removed. Currently a restaurant owned by Brook, LLC.|
|Congregational Church||c. 1837||Main Street||No substantial changes. Continues to be owned by the Congregational Church.|
|Finn Gate House||1880s||Route 25B||No substantial changes. Now part of the Immaculate Conception Apostolic School, Legionnaires of Christ, LLC.|
|Gilnockie||1885||Coe Hill Road, formerly Old Meredith Road, 0.5 mi from Plymouth Street||Demolished.|
|Hearthstone Grange||1867-1872||Center Harbor Neck Road, on the Dane Estate||No substantial changes. Owned by Hearthstone Bed & Breakfast.|
|Keewaydin||1903||College Road||No substantial changes. Owned by the NH Music Festival.|
Kona Fountain(National Register of Historic Places)
|1907||Intersection of Route 25B/Plymouth Street and Main Street||Owned by the Town. Was elevated on a pedestal.|
|Lamprey House||1867-1872||Route 25||Some renovations have occurred. Owned by Lamprey Real Estate.|
(State Historical Marker)
|c.1790||Route 25||No substantial changes. Owned by T. and S. Whalen.|
|Libby House||1790-1795||Winona Road||No substantial changes. Continues to be owned by the Libby family.|
|Mead Farm/Joseph Kimball Farm||c.1800||Center Harbor Neck||Disassembled and moved to Connecticut.|
|Nichols Memorial Library||1909-1910||Corner of Plymouth Street/Route 25B and Main Street||No substantial changes. Owned by the Town.|
|Stone Cider Mill||c.1800||Mayo Farm, Waukewan Road||No substantial changes. Owned by G. and M. Mayo.|
|Sturtevant Farm||c.1825||Route 25B||No substantial changes. Owned by J. Carty.|
|Sutton Place/Piper House||1869-1879||Route 25||Renovated after a 1993 fire. Now operated as a Bed & Breakfast by B. Merrill.|
(State Register of Historic Places)
|1880s||Corner of Route 3 and Waukewan Road||No substantial changes. Owned by the Town.|
|William Sheafe House/Twin Gates/Dybro's House||1843||Main Street|
Was temporarily moved and eventually demolished.