HOME

TOWN OFFICES
PARKS & REC.
Town Band

CONSERVATION COMMISSION

PARK COMMITTEE

ENERGY COMMITTEE

HISTORICAL SOCIETY

LIBRARY

Historical Society

Center Harbor gets its name from two sources: from its location, centered between Meredith and Moultonborough Harbors, and also for the Senter family, who were owners of a large amount of property in the area. The town was a landing place for lake steamers and stagecoaches, making it a popular summer resort. Center Harbor was a favorite spot of John Greenleaf Whittier, and the home of Dudley Leavitt, author of the first Farmer's Almanac in 1797. Reprinted from www.nhes.state.nh.us

Dues are $10.00 per year. 

Summer Museum Hours

July & August; Saturdays 10am to 2pm

Program calendars are available from the Town Office or at the Museum as well as online at our new website www.chhistory.com.